This week’s App of the Week #1 is eKey.
Description: This app is totally for the Realtors out there, so the rest of you can just skip to the next one if you would like. Now you can access the iBoxes with your iPhone!! No more dragging around the DisplayKey. Now, you will have to get the attachment from your local association, but once they have it, rush over there and get yours today. When you get the attachment, it will come with some paper work and authorization codes. You will need this to complete the install an use this app. This is available to all boards that use “Supra”. There is a one time charge for the device and then an additional fee if you are currently using the DisplayKey. Costs are listed below. You can not install this on two iPhones or iPhone and iPad, I tried and it didn’t work.
Cost: App is Free, Attachment has a cost.
- Download the application from the App Store. If you already have this app, make sure you sign in to the app store and check for updates and then download them if needed.
- Open the application.
- When you first open the app, it will ask you for your “Authorization Code”. The code is 6 sets of 5 digit numbers, which comes from your board. Once you enter this code, it will give you access to the options on the app.
- Now your options include: Obtain Key, Open Shackle, Inventory, Add Keybox, Read Activity, Update, Messages, Settings, About and on the second page: SupraWEB, Help, Flashlight and News. As you all know, the key has to be updated before you can obtain a key or open a shackle. Now, it does it automatically for you when you open the app (regardless if the attachment is plugged in or not). If you do need to manually do it, tap on the Update button and it will give you two options: wireless update or emergency update code. The only time you would need to do the emergency update code is if you are in a remote area and can not get a signal. Other than that, us the wireless update. Then it will say your key is updated with a green check mark.
- The most important and most used, Obtain Key! This one is simple, tap on the Obtain Key and it will ask you for your pin code, enter your 4 digit code and make sure you have the attachment with infrared censer plugged into it. Once you enter your pin code, it will start searching for the iBox and then will beep to let you know it is ready to retrieve the key.
- Open Shackle is the one to open the lock on the top of the iBox so that you can move your keybox from house to house. You do not have to be the owner of the box to open the shackle, but you do have to have the code that goes to that iBox. If you open an iBox that is not registered to you, it will ask you if you want to register the box as yours.
- Inventory shows all of your keyboxes that are registered with Supra. Select one of your iBoxes and then it will show you all of the information affiliated with the box like the House it is on, time to box can be opened, and even change the shackle code. The catch is you have to be in front of the box to make any changes. One of the cool things you can add is your “business card”. This is something that a Realtor using the eKey on an iPhone can see. Mostly it will have your contact information and then you can add a note, like “Thanks for showing my listing!”. Pretty cool!
- Add keybox is pretty self explanatory, all you do is enter the shackle code. Read activity is the same thing, enter the shackle code. It does have one other option to add to inventory yes or now. The update button you don’t have to use unless you are in a no signal area when you open the app and it won’t update, then you can get an emergency update code, but the silly thing is that you would have to call in. If you had signal, you wouldn’t need to call, umm who’s idea was that? Next would be the messages where Supra sends you messages. Next would be the settings. All of them should be on, but if you chose to turn them off, you can. About gives you information on the app along with the support number, website and email to Supra.
- Like your main screen, the eKey has a page two. Slide your finger from the right to left side of the screen and you will see page two. The first app is SupraWeb. This is where you sign into the website on the go. The Help button will give you directions to all the features available on this app. And then look, it has a flashlight! Tap on the flashlight and it will light your way to get into a house. Last but not least, the eKey news where they display the useful information about the iPhone, Blackberry and other apps by Supra. Now you are up to speed!
- The board will give you a pin code for you key, but you can change it. In order to change it, after you have installed the app and authorized the key, go to www.supraekey.com and login to the SupraWEB with your user name and password and then select “change pin”. You will need to enter the current pin and then the new one twice.
- The cost for the key is $59.50 and the monthly additional charge is $8.45 times 3 months for each quarter would make your quarterly GTAR dues $129.60 ($104.25 + 25.35).