This week’s App of the Week is Bing.
Description: This app is for searching with Bing. This also has a verbal search feature and this one even allows you to search with your CAMERA! It also has bookmarks and you can share your findings with others.
- Download the application from the App Store.
- Once you have downloaded the app, open it.
- It opens up to the search screen. You will see a picture of something and if you tap on it, it will have facts about this day in history or about the picture. The basic search is at the top, type what you are looking for and tap search. Very close to the Goggle app, it has a picture of a microphone at the top right. Tap on the microphone and then speak to the iPhone and it will search for what you tell it. This will work in landscape mode as well.
- At the bottom of the screen, the first option is outline of the person and that will take you to bookmarks and your history of searches. Tap on the edit button to make changes to your bookmarks. Tap on the bookmark to edit it or tap on the red minus to delete it. When you are done, tap done to take you back to the home screen.
- Next is the left and right arrows. This moves you back and forward on the web pages when you search.
- The six little squares at the bottom is cool because this is how you can access the camera search feature. When you tap on the squares, it gives you these options: Images, movies, maps, directions, weather, local, social, camera, shopping and news. Just like it sounds, each one represents searching capabilities. For example, images searches for pictures and movies for movies, etc. The Camera is the one to try. The first time you select this one if will tell you how to use it and what you can take a picture of to search. Take a picture of a book, movie, cd, or a bar code and it will search the web for the item.
- The last item was the gear and it takes you to the settings. This is where you can save the “safe search” and privacy settings. You can also connect to the social networking sites of Facebook and Twitter.
- The home page picture changes by the day along with the facts and information associated with it.
- In the settings, you can turn off the option to save your pictures used to search. It is under settings and camera.